Spectator's Code of Conduct
Spectator Code of Conduct
If players are to grow and develop in their sport or physical activity, and environment of positive communication and respect must exist. Spectators should observe the following Code of Conduct.
- I will remember that all the players are playing for their enjoyment, not for mine.
- I will not have unrealistic expectations. I will remember that the amateur athletes are not professionals and cannot be judged by professional standards.
- I will respect the official's decisions and I will encourage participants and other spectators to do the same.
- I will encourage all participants to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will never ridicule or yell at the players, coaches, officials or other spectators.
- I will applaud good players' performances on both teams.
- I will never question the official's judgment or honesty in public.
- I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteer coaches who give their time to the athletes / sport.
- I will not consume alcohol or smoke on, or near the vicinity of the players' benches.
- I will not use bad language, nor will I harass athletes, coaches, officials or other spectators.
- I will have respect for all the facilities and equipment used in the sport.